On average, about 39 children die each year from heat-related deaths after being trapped inside motor vehicles.
Even the most careful parents may accidentally forget a baby/ child esp if they were sleeping
Creating and following a set routine that you repeatedly may help
Dr. Nkeiru Orajiaka shares few things that may help
● Place baby toys infront when you put your baby (best to take it out when we take your baby out so it doesn’t confuse you)
● Place diaper bag in front passenger
● Your purse, bag. computer bags at the back (anything you will really need t your destination)
● Remove your shoe and place in back when you put baby in car seat or before you drive
● Set an alarm on your phone before you drive off.. You can set based on time to destination ..(I almost can’t function without alarms)
● Lock doors always as older ones may climb in and get stuck.